Making a Complaint
Erimus Insurance Brokers is committed to offering the highest standards of customer service but realise and accept that sometimes things may go wrong.
We can usually resolve most issues straightaway, however should you have cause to complain please inform your usual Erimus contact, or our Operations Manager, Mike Ansboro. His contact details are:
Alternatively you can write to him/us at the address shown at the bottom of this page.
In the event that we cannot settle your complaint to your satisfaction you may be entitled to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). For further information you can visit FOS website www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
The following categories of complainants have access to the FOS:
- Consumers (private individuals acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft, or profession)
- Businesses that satisfy the following criteria:
– ‘Micro-enterprises’ employing fewer than 10 persons and with a turnover or annual balance sheet total not exceeding €2 million
– ‘Small businesses’ (that are not micro-enterprises) with an annual turnover not exceeding £6.5 million and either an annual balance sheet of less than £5 million or fewer than 50 employees at the time the complainant refers the complaint
– Charities with an annual income of under £6.5 million at the time the complainant refers the complaint
– Trustees of a trust with a net asset value of under £5 million at the time the complainant refers the complaint
– Guarantors to the extent that the complaint arises from matters relevant to the relationship with the complaint respondent.
We also subscribe to and are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) and you may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This does depend upon the type of insurance and the circumstances of the claim. If you are eligible to claim from the FSCS then compensation is available as follows:
- Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim, without any upper limit
- For compulsory classes of insurance (such as Third Party Motor or Employers Liability), insurance advising and arranging is covered for 100% of the claim without any upper limit
Further information is available from the FSCS on 0800 678 1100 (freephone) or 020 7741 4100 or www.fscs.org.uk
Erimus Insurance Brokers
Stockton on Tees
DTW 1991 Travel Policies
Online Dispute Resolution service to make a complaint at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/ . The purpose of this platform is to identify a suitable Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider and we expect that this will be the Financial Ombudsman Service. Please be aware that the Financial Ombudsman Service will only be able to consider your complaint after the insurers have had the opportunity to consider and resolve this.
For further details about our business services, please contact us using the infomation below:
Tel: 01642 240400
Fax: 01642 232340